In this mommy & me style class sing, dance, drum and jam with the whole family (including newborn to 5 years)! Make beautiful memories at one of our research-based and fun filled classes! We explore musical play, child-friendly instruments, songbooks, CD, and digital music file to use at home to further develop a beautiful bond with your child. Discover how music supports their social, motor and language development!
Music together is…
- A community of families sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants and movement activities in a relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented setting.
- Music learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children.
- Infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers participating at their own levels in family-style classes of mixed ages.
- Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child’s music environment-regardless of their own musical abilities.
- Song collections that feature great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a variety of tonalities, meters and cultural styles.
- Music learning that goes beyond the classroom as children request listening to the audio files at home, experiment with what they saw in class, and use the songbooks and activities at home.
“Since taking Music Together classes, I sing with my kids ALL the time. It helped me to take those skills from the class and apply them to my parenting. When I drop them off at school, sing them to sleep, and make up songs. On that practical parenting piece, it’s awesome! I also love the community that grows from it. Months later we see a family in a parking lot around town, and we still have that connection.”
I love the music together program! It is incredible to see how engaged the one year olds are and what they are capable of. We really become a team, as we make music every week. I can’t describe it, it must be experienced!
Roxy is amazing with kids. She makes everything easy, fun, and playful. The class was awesome. Great to watch the kids, and fun for the parents too! Thanks Roxy, looking forward to the next session!
I have always had a strong connection with young children and how they play. In 2006, I became a Certified Music Together Teacher and had the opportunity to learn how music influences their social, emotional, physical, and speech development–knowledge I passionately share in classes–and discovered how children’s “work” is in the joyfulness of their “play”. I began my teaching in Vancouver, before relocating to Salmon Arm to start my own music studio after completing a Bachelor of Music Therapy.